Learn more about
Scheduling an Assessment
Our admissions department is always available, 24 hours a day, throughout the year. A full-time nurse is on duty for each admission shift. An initial evaluation by a Pavilion physician will review medical, emotional, behavioral, social, and nutritional needs. The patient’s psychiatric history, including previous treatment and physical and health screenings, is evaluated as part of the review.
How to Schedule an Assessment
Anyone can contact us for information on scheduling an assessment. A friend, family member, referring professional, or the patient should call to explore options. The assessment will be completely confidential. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to assist with questions.
Reasons to Schedule an Assessment
When a mental health concern is causing difficulty or a disruption at school, work, or home, please contact us. Seek help immediately if any of the following are involved:
• Suicidal or Homicidal Thoughts
• Severe Depression
• Debilitating Anxiety
• Psychosis & Hallucinations or Delusion
Admissions at The Pavilion Behavioral Health
During our admissions process, we will process your insurance information so that you have up-to-date information about what your benefits cover. When you call us, please have the following information available:
- A list of current medications
- The most recent laboratory values
- Any progress notes supporting behavioral changes
- The most recent history and physical exam (H&P)
- An updated fact sheet
What to Bring
What Items are Patients Allowed to Take to Treatment?
- Some recommended items are: tennis or running shoes, an extra pair of shoes or flip-flops.
- The patient also needs 3 of each of the following: shirts, pants, shorts and undergarments (drawstrings, shoe laces, underwires, etc. will need to be removed from items to be allowed on the units).
- No personal electronic devices are allowed, such as cell phones, handheld gaming devices or other personal electronics.
- Hygiene products are provided, however we do not allow perfume, cologne, makeup, hair dryers, curling irons or razors in the facility.
Information Needed for an Assessment:
- Insurance card
- Medical history
- Medication list
- Previous psychiatric history
- ID card or social security card
- Most current psychiatric and psychological evaluations
- Psychiatric assessment as well as a history and physical from an inpatient hospital setting