Our admissions department is always available, 24 hours a day, throughout the year. A full-time nurse is on duty for each admission shift. An initial evaluation by a Pavilion physician will review medical, emotional, behavioral, social, and nutritional needs. The patient’s psychiatric history, including previous treatment and physical and health screenings, is evaluated as part of the review.
When a patient comes to The Pavilion, we will:
- Present the case to an on-call physician
- Provide a response within 15 minutes
- Schedule an admission time (if accepted)
In order to process an admission, we need the following information:
- A list of current medications
- The most recent laboratory values
- Any progress notes supporting behavioral changes
- The most recent history and physical exam (H&P)
- An updated fact sheet
Patients in the Geriatric Program are 55 years and older who are experiencing acute changes in mental status or behavioral problems. They must be medically cleared by a physician prior to admission. They are admitted to the program by a Pavilion physician's order.